Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mambo off to Sweden


MAMBO TO MISS MATCH 

By EUGENE OMILO 

Kenyan International Robert Mambo will miss out on Saturday’s Harambee star’s match with Cameroon as the Coach has not confirmed whether he will be joining his national team colleagues at the training camp.

He said he will be leaving the country tonight for to play for his Swedish club.

“I had informed the coach that I was to leave but he had not confirmed whether I will be in the lineup by today so I decided not to cancel my trip,” said Mambo yesterday.

He said he is fit and was looking forward to play for the Stars in the Cameroon match but could not do anything since he was awaiting for communication from his coach.

The former captain   who is mourning the death of his grandfather said he was devasted by the death as the old man was close to him and an inspiration to his football career.

“I was shocked to learn of his death but I have released him to rest in peace,” said Mambo in an interview yesterday.

Mzee Robert Joseph Mambo  who is Mambo’s namesake succumbered to backborne illnesses  on Wednesday night at the Coast Provincial General Hospital where he was admitted.

Mzee Mambo was 86 years old. 

ENDS...

No comments:

Post a Comment